Saturday, September 29, 2012

USU Homecoming 5K

We had the privileged of participating in the first annual homecoming 5k!  It was exciting to run around the USU campus on a crisp autumn morning with a frigid breeze blowing down from the canyon. Bringing me back to my undergrad days. Ryker got his picture with Big Blue, which made his day. Ryker and Alana hung out with Grandma Shauna while Chris and I ran in the race.   

 

I really pushed it there at the end I couldn't let the "stroller people" beat me and then I almost threw up. The time I recorded for the race was 31:41.  A big thanks to Chris for running with me and helping me finish faster then I ever had before. He said after running a 1/2 marathon that a 5K was more like a warm up.




Our friends Bart and Megan Bowen also participated in the 5K.

I won a prize from the raffle drawing- An "A" paper weight, yeah! With the race finished we went to have the best breakfast at Angie's and we were not disappointed. When we finished up the parade was going by so we went out to watch.



0 comments:

Where our visitors are from

Visitor Counter