Friday, August 12, 2011

Paris and Bear Lake

July 14 we headed up to Bear Lake and met up with Devin and Jeanette. The water was great and Alana got her first taste of sand. We had a great time at the lake and then went up St Charles Canyon for dinner.




We camped out in Paris, Idaho. Around my Grandma Findlay's birthday (this year she celebrated #88) for the past several years we have a camp out in the backyard of her husband Eugene Stucki's home. This was Alana's first time camping and Ryker upgraded to his own sleeping bag they both did really well. My brother Nathan and my Dad made a train for the kids to ride in Ryker was on it constantly somehow I didn't get a picture of him so I borrowed a few from Megan- thanks.

Friday we went hiking to Bloomington Lake. There was still snow along the trail which led to a few snowball fights. The lake was still covered by a lot of ice and snow. Chris hiked around to the other side and you can barley see his yellow shirt. Ryker and Chris had a great time throwing rocks in the lake. Ryker hiked it all by himself and Alana did well in the carrier.





We headed back to the lake for another couple hours of fun before dinner and loved making a sand castle my Uncle Brent Findlay had a boat and Ryker loved riding in it- Alana and I joined him and Chris was pulling us around it was fun - somehow I missed getting a picture.



After breakfast we went up to the Paris Ice Caves and took my Dad. There was quite a bit more snow in there then usual. It is called the Ice Caves for a reason and stays pretty cold in there year round. We got back to the house, had lunch and then headed back home. It was a great weekend!

0 comments:

Where our visitors are from

Visitor Counter